Sen. Bong Revilla Indirectly Promotes Piracy and Splogs
I just finished reviewing
The website turns out to be a subdomain of Resiklo.com, the official website of the movie Resiklo. To those who don't know, Resiklo was the 2007 Metro Manila Film Fest's Best Picture and a movie by Senator Ramon "Bong" Revilla Jr. MOBISOP claims to be a movie and software review blog.
Well this blog doesn't seem to be a "review blog" at all. All it offers are links to warez and cracked applications and ways for you to watch movies online. But clicking deeper into this, you won't see any cracked applications or ways to watch movies online.
The blog tricks you to click and click links until your reach a site where it will only describe that certain movie or warez you're looking for. The sites you'll encounter will also warn you that watching a movie online or using cracks/warez is illegal. In other words, the sites you've been through are all SPLOGS. PERIOD.
Okay guys, what's wrong with this?
- Sen. Bong Revilla was the former chairman of the Optical Media Board (OMB) that fights piracy.
- Sen. Ramon "Bong" Revilla Jr. is widely recognized as the main star of Resiklo.
- The official website of Resiklo has a subdomain which links to supposedly warez and movies online.
- One of Sen. Revilla's agenda as a senator includes "Strengthening the Anti-Piracy Laws and amendments to the Intellectual Property Code and other laws, if necessary;"
- The linked websites within Resiklo's subdomain turns out to be splogs.
I don't know what you guys think but being the star and producer of the movie Resiklo, Sen. Ramon "Bong" Revilla Jr. is indirectly promoting illegal movies, warez and cracked applications online just by the use of his domain. Though he's actually not the one doing it, it's still his responsibility to check his websites now and then. Right?
We're just fresh from the news that Anino Games Inc. got caught by the NBI for using illegal and pirated copies of Autodesk softwares. Now another big wig is joining them and unfortunately, he's an official of the Republic of the Philippines.
What would Chairman Edu Manzano think off if he learns about this? Another word war? :~)
For more related local piracy news, please visit GameOPS' Pirates 'R Us
Sen. Bong Revilla Indirectly Promotes Piracy and Splogs Reviewed by Jepoy on 9/02/2008 02:42:00 AM Rating: