Why so serious? Because a potentially decent Batman game is upon us, that's why
Batman: Arkham Asylum Trailer
Like movies to video game adaptations, comic book characters also struggle in finding success over their video game iterations. Even the great Batman is no exception as the only decent game I can remember with him in it was still during the good ol' NES days.
Thank God there's none of them nipples in sight on this one
The current gaming generation will try to take a stab at it again, this time with Batman: Arkham Asylum published by Eidos Interactive Ltd. which will be available on PC, PS3, XBOX 360 on the 2nd quarter of the year. Early hands-on impressions seems fairly positive and the graphics looks astonishing based on the trailer and early screens.
Other infos on the game:
- it uses the unreal engine, same engine used in such games as gears of war and bioshock
- it has it's own storyline, which means it's not connected or based on the movie versions of Batman unlike most of his previous games
- The Joker and Batman is voiced by Mark Hamill and Kevin Conroy, they were also the voices behind the awesome animated series back then. Good thing I wouldn't have to hear Bats say "I'm the Batmannnn" with phlegm all over his throat this time around, right Bale?
- It will be played in 3rd person view
- The current trailer alone puts our local full length movie trailers to shame
Cross-posted at Reality Bytes)
Why so serious? Because a potentially decent Batman game is upon us, that's why Reviewed by Glen on 2/05/2009 08:48:00 PM Rating: