Revolution 09 - 1st Philippine Street Fighter 4 Tournament
Street Fighter fans rejoice as there will be an upcoming tournament of Street Fighter 4 in the Philippines. This will be held on the 2nd of May 2009 at the University Mall in Taft Manila at 12PM onwards.
Details of the tournament after the jump.
What: The first ever Street Fighter 4 tournament in the Philippines!!! Games would be held on the PS3 Console
When: May 2, 2009, 12 pm onwards. Registration starts at 12 pm. Tournament starts at 1 pm.(you can also register by email at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Where: Grafik High store, 2nd Floor University Mall. The one besides Mildred's Grill Station.
Entry Fee and Prizes: P200.00 for the entrance fee. Entrance fee will be collected for the pot. (Subject to change)
- 1st Place wins 70% of the total pot + P1750.00
- 2nd Place wins 20% of the total pot + P500.00
- 3rd Place wins 10% of the total pot. + 250.00
- All characters are allowed
- Each match is best out of 3, while the rounds are set to best out of 3 also.(subject to change).
- Round time 99 seconds
- Double Elimination (subject to change)
- No forms of physical and/or verbal intimidation outside of the game shall be used whatsoever. This is a friendly tournament people
- Switching of Characters is allowed
- No macros are allowed(Except on pad where you can set one button for 3 buttons)
- You can bring and use your own joystick/gamepad at your own discretion
- Tournament director has the final decision
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How often will you be hosting these tournaments?
A: Depending on the turnout. I'm looking at doing this every other month. The higher the turnout, the more often these tournaments will be held.
Q: Why should I join this tournament? Won't all the 'pros' be there?! I won't have a chance of winning!
A: Because of this
The above link is a must-read in my opinion. And also because I hope we'll all have a good time knowing the rest of the people in the Philippines SF4 scene. Let's all have fun playing this game that we all love together!
For those that think they're really good, come down and prove it.
Q: Why are you hosting this tournament? What do you have to gain from it?
A: I don't receive any money whatsoever from this. There are two big reasons why I'm doing this.
- To get the whole SF4 Philippines community together. Currently, it's pretty fragmented.
- To increase the level of SF4 play in the Philippines. The possibility of that, and I want to put Philippines' SF4 scene on the world map with match videos and hopefully see some Pinoys at international tournaments soon!
If you have any more questions you can contact the tournament organizer through:
email - email@example.com
yahoo id - kane_warhead
contact number: 0917-8122583
See you guys on May 2. :)
Revolution 09 - 1st Philippine Street Fighter 4 Tournament Reviewed by Jepoy on 4/13/2009 02:56:00 PM Rating: