Pirates 'R Us - CD-R King R4 for the Nintendo DS
After CD-R King's Nintendo Wii rip-off, here comes another Nintendo related accessory. The CD-R King TV Sports Game is actually fun to use as this is a welcome alternative to people who cannot afford a Nintendo Wii. But their R4 product is another story.
As you may not yet know, R4 or Revolution for DS allows any Nintendo DS owners to play ROMS or homebrews on their handhelds. But how many people do you actually think play homebrews here in the Philippines? I bet more than 90% of them don't even know what homebrews are.
Thus we are left with the other "uses" of this product. Listen to music, watch videos, read an ebook and of course, piracy. And given the photo above, you'll have an idea on what people will do with their R4s.
Ebook reading. Yeah Right.
R4 features taken directly from CD-R King's website:
• R4 adapter support 128MB ~ 4GB TF (MicroSD) card 4GB to 32GB
• 2nd generation storage device (no booting tool required)
• flush fitting slot 1 card
• Support FAT16/32 file system
• Support any MicroSD card speed with no lag in game
• Supports clean ROM, drag and drop, works on any OS
• Built-in No pass
• Automatically detect save type
• Save directly to MicroSD card, not to onboard chip
• Supports Moonshell and other homebrew. Open I/O interface
• User friendly skinnable interface. touchscreen or button operation
• Support rumble pak and memory pak
• Support the wife game, DS Rumble Pak, DS Browser
• Support changes of the background of operation interface
• Support skin DIY by setting background and font colors on main menu and game menu manually and automatically
• Support 4-scable-lightness adjustment (DS lite only)
• Support the soft Reset
• Support action replay cheat
• Moonshell 1.6 support software reset function (Press START key back to the R4 menu0
• DLDI auto-patching
Pirates 'R Us - CD-R King R4 for the Nintendo DS Reviewed by Jepoy on 5/13/2009 08:30:00 AM Rating: